Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nici + Josh's Vintage Picnic Engagement Session

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I certainly have been enjoying this nice, warm summer weather. Daniel and I have been taking advantage of it on the weekends, going fishing whenever we get the chance. I hope to spend as much time as possible outdoors this summer.

I have been editing pictures like a mad woman the last couple weeks and have made a pretty good dent in them. I know a lot of you are anxiously awaiting your finished photos. Let me assure you that I am working hard on them and trying to get them back as quickly as possible, but creating beautiful works of art does take some time. Please be patient with me.

So, The Notebook has got to be one of my favorite movies. I'm sure it's a favorite of many of you as well. It's one of those movies that makes you bawl like a baby, but you still love it anyway. We used that movie for inspiration for Nici and Josh's engagement session. This is probably one of my favorite sessions to date. We had many challenges along the way, such as the threat of rain, the smothering heat, and the millions upon millions of gnats that insisted upon flying into our mouth, eyes, nose, and ears constantly. But in the end we got some awesome photos and had a blast during the session.

We drove to Van Buren and started the session at Big Springs, one of the largest springs in the United States and the world. Since it was a Saturday, there were many people there (mainly grandma's and grandpa's wearing khaki shorts, and tall socks with sandals) and we had to fight for space to take any photos by the spring. Apparently, one of the grandpa's stopped to take a picture of Nici and Josh over my shoulder. haha. Needless to say, between the crowds of people and the black fog of gnats we didn't stay close to the spring for long. We made our way through the park to a nice quiet spot beside the Current River to set up our little picnic, stopping along the way to take some photos at one of the old log cabins.

Next, we headed into the town of Van Buren, grateful to not have to worry about eating anymore bugs, and took some great shots at this cute little motel. It looks like one of those motels in the movies where it looks so pretty and cute during the day, but then at night it turns into the stuff of nightmares. Anyways, I thought it had character.

We ended the session at the old Carter County Courthouse with a group of on-lookers across the street watching and laughing at us. When I had taken the last shot and yelled "That's a wrap!" jokingly, they all started clapping and Josh took several bows.

Well, I guess I'll stop rambling on, and let you all see some shots from the session. Thanks Nici and Josh for a fun time and being such awesome photo subjects! And thanks to Paige for assisting me!










No comments:

Post a Comment