Friday, June 1, 2012

Mic, Macy, and Faith

So, one person I can always count on to throw a photographic opportunity my way when I visit home is my sister, Daryl. She has always been very supportive of me and now my photography business. And she's a great lighting assistant on my shoots in Doniphan, too.

This visit I photographed three of the little people in my sister's new family. (She got married about a year and a half ago) Mic, Macy, and Faith were a lot of fun to photograph. Macy was quite the little giggle box, at least until she got some of the bubble mixture in her eyes. She was pretty tough and didn't cry (I probably would have) but after that happened, she wasn't as chipper as she had been previously.

Probably, the most interesting part of that session, was the run-in we had with the mule that resided in the field we were shooting in. He watched from a distance for a while, but then I guess decided it was time for HIS close-up and walked right over to us.... and would not budge. Daryl kept trying to push him away, but he was definitely living up to his mule reputation of stubbornness. Finally, I told Daryl to wave the towel she had over her shoulder in his general direction, and she and I made some noise until he finally decided to go away. When he had walked a good distance away, he looked over his shoulder at us with what I would say was a pitiful look. Awwww, why the long face, buddy? BAHAHAHA! Get it? Long face? He's a mule! *cough Anywhooooooo....

Here's a look at some of the shots from the session:









No comments:

Post a Comment