Thursday, January 12, 2012

Emma Grace's Entry Into The World

My visit to my hometown of Doniphan in November of 2011 is definitely one that I don't think I'll ever forget. Of course, I had a lot of fun visiting with my friends and family as I always do, but this particular visit was extra special. My very good friend, Paige, was expecting and was scheduled to be induced during my visit. Paige had asked me to photograph the arrival of little Emma, that is, unless she decided to show up before I got there. Hate to tell you this, Paige, but all the time you were praying for her to hurry up and get here I was praying for her to hold on and wait for me. Hehe.
And, WOW, did she hold on!!! Paige went in to be induced at 8 a.m on November 28. I got to the hospital at 10 a.m. and the waiting room was already pretty full of friends and family. By the afternoon, Emma still wasn't getting in a big hurry to meet all of us. 
One thing that I look forward to when I come to Missouri is the warmer weather and not having snow dumped on me until (maybe) January. But, no, it seems that Canada and Missouri decided to trade weather conditions this winter and it started spitting snow outside the hospital by the afternoon. And that "wintery mix" with "little to no accumulation" the weathermen reported turned into about 3 to 4 inches of the white stuff. Which for Southern Missouri is good reason to stock up on junk food, cancel all school, and hibernate for a few days.
By the late evening, Emma had an entire entourage waiting for her. We would take turns going to Paige's hospital room to see her and then come back to the waiting room to wait some more. Finally, by 11 o'clock that night it was time for Emma to make her entrance, ready or not! Paige was a real trooper (I told her later that she made it look easy), and at 12:20 a.m on November 29th, beautiful little Emma finally arrived. She had the sweetest little cry and I was so in awe of her I had to remind myself that I was there to take pictures.
After the nurses, got her cleaned up and brought back to mommy and daddy. Emma's entourage all squeezed into the little hospital room to take turns holding and admiring the new little addition to the family.
By 1:30, I was on my way home in the still very wintery weather. It was a very long and tiring day for me, but I don't regret a single minute of it. I got to witness and record one of God's greatest miracles and I feel very blessed to have had that opportunity. So, I'll say it again. Thank you Greg and Paige for allowing me to be there for such a special occasion.




















No comments:

Post a Comment